Trying to maintain a “superwoman” image that we see on social media or TV can leave many women feeling discouraged and lost—especially moms. Motherhood can bring overwhelming joy, but what happens when it doesn’t feel as fulfilling? Sometimes being a mom looks like choosing to take a nap instead of washing dishes or having to stay at home when your baby is sick instead of going for coffee with friends. Moms and caregivers often put the needs of others above their own. How do we find inspiration in the mundane, keep our dignity when we feel like we have lost our identity, and stay strong when our patience is tested?
“And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” – Galatians 6:9 (ESV)
We see you, Mom! And we want to encourage you today with this reminder–our Heavenly Father is with us every step of the way to give us the strength and wisdom that we need. When we partner with God in raising the children He has placed in our lives, He equips us with everything we need and fills in every gap—we get to be “super” because we serve an all-mighty, all-powerful Heavenly Father!
If you need some inspiration, we are here for you! Catch up on these past conversations, as the women of Better Together share their stories and lessons learned along their own journeys in motherhood:
- Motherhood & Identity
- What defines our identity? Laurie, Jamie Ivey, Dianna Nepstad, Robyn Wilkerson, and Brittany Price Brooker discuss how to maintain our identity in Christ alone.
- Moms Get Real
- What do you wish you knew before having kids? Laurie, Jamie Ivey, Dianna Nepstad, Robyn Wilkerson, and Brittany Price Brooker discuss the importance of healthy self-care for every parent and caregiver.
- Moms Find Balance
- All parents need wisdom to identify unreasonable expectations and find the right solutions for their family. Laurie, Jamie Ivey, Dianna Nepstad, Robyn Wilkerson, and Brittany Price Brooker talk about how to juggle the demands of parenthood.
- The Fight for Joy
- How do we contend for joy amid unspeakable pain? Laurie, Jamie Ivey, Dianna Nepstad, Robyn Wilkerson, and Brittany Price Brooker share how to choose joy and find peace in all seasons of motherhood.
- A Mother's Reward
- How do we leave a life-changing legacy for our children? Laurie, Jamie Ivey, Dianna Nepstad, Robyn Wilkerson, and Brittany Price Brooker discuss how to reap the greatest rewards of motherhood.
Coming Up on Better Together!
Join us May 2-6 at 1:30 pm ET on TBN & 4pm ET on TBN Inspire for a powerful week of new programs:
- A Mother's Love
- Lessons in Motherhood
- How Moms Thrive
- How Moms Embrace Change
- How Moms Build Relationships
On May 2, 3 and 5 at 8pm ET, you do not want to miss our new three-part special featuring the women of Better Together:
- Better Together Honors Moms Part 1
- A celebration of motherhood and discussion on the importance of becoming moms who find identity in Christ alone.
- Better Together Honors Moms Part 2
- Powerful testimonies and conversations on how to choose hope and find joy in all seasons of motherhood.
- Better Together Honors Moms Part 3
- More stories abound as our ladies get real about the joys and challenges of raising the next generation.
We want to take a moment to say THANK YOU and honor all the moms, grandmas, aunties, and spiritual mothers who raised us and pointed us to Jesus. We recognize the sacrifice you’ve made and the love you show every single day.
For many, this is a hard season and Mother’s Day can bring up difficult emotions. If you are grieving a loss or broken relationship—know we love you, we are standing with you and pray this Scripture over you:
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." — Romans 15:13 (NIV)